Questions & Answers

The Ranch ♥

 Where are you located?

We are located approximately 30 minutes south of North Bay. When travelling from the north, you will pass both exits to Trout Creek/Port Loring. The next turn off is called Lindsay’s Hill Road on your Right.  Take this turn off and you will immediately come to a “T” in the road.  Go right and it will bring you up a big hill.  When at the top of the hill, stay to your left and we are the first lane way on your left #99.

When can we have access to the barn?

We provide you access to designated areas of the Ranch, Friday afternoon at 12:00 pm until Sunday at 3:00 pm so you have lots of time to set up and take down. Damage deposit is required, which is refundable at the end of the event if all is cleaned up. You are responsible for takedown and set-up, unless otherwise prearranged.

What is your Capacity?

180 people

What is included with the barn?

 Camping for both RV’s and tents but for Saturday night only

  • Ceremony pad overlooking valley and adjacent fields
  • Lots of room for parking
  • BBQ hut 7 x 10, lite and fan vented (you provide BBQ)
  • 1 x 20 x 20 tent is available if required
  • 2 chandeliers & bulb lighting (hung from the barn ceiling)
  • 10’ x 20 ‘covered buffet area
  • Fully plumbed washrooms
  • 16 x 20 Bar with 2 commercial coolers & freezer – hot & cold running water
  • 4 stand up bar tables with 7 high boy bar chairs for outside
  • 2 – 8’ tables (great for buffet tables)
  • 2 – 12’ church pews plus 10’ long bench
  • 150 white folding chairs
  • 27 – 6’ folding tables
  • 5 – 5’ round tables
  • 5 – 6’ wooden tables/finished made from old barn boards – great for head table, gifts, sign in, memory table
  • A variety of 25 + bar stools for around the long center bar
  • Vintage bistro table and chair for wedding ceremony

Is there electrical use for campers?

No, we do not have any electrical outlets for trailers so guests must come prepared.

Is there water available?

We have water available for rinsing dishes, cleaning up however for drinking we ask that you bring your own water.

We drink the water in the farmhouse, but do not supply the venue area.

What about alcohol service and licensing?

You are responsible for obtaining and adhering to your own event, much like if you were having a party at your home. This is a separate service from you rental of The Mel Gibson Ranch.

We suggest a “non sale” or “sales” license from the LCBO. Licensing requirements and applications are available at LCBO.

If you plan to sell your alcohol, you must adhere to the rules of your license.

Bartenders must obtain their Smart Serve.

Do you know of anyone in your area who would bartend?

Absolutely! We have several local people who have come forward with their Smart Serve and have offered themselves out for hire for events.

They are very reasonable and have done an amazing job in the past.

We also have many individuals on our resource list who are available for hire to do things like, clear and set tables, empty garbage cans etc.

Who is responsible for the garbage and recycling?

We request that you leave the Ranch in the same condition as you arrive.

Meaning, you are responsible to bag all garbage and put it in our bin. We supply the bags, Blue bins and waste cans.

If you wish to take, your alcohol empties with you when you leave, that is perfect, otherwise we donate them to the local Lions Club who will crush and refund and money used for community betterment.

Do you offer onsite accommodations for the Wedding?

Yes we do!

We do rent out the farmhouse that is on the property. We often suggest that the farmhouse be a consideration as the ideal location for Wedding Party.  It is close by, spacious, and offers room for all. We do require a damage deposit.

We offer:

  • Two bathrooms with showers
  • Four bedrooms (2 queen, 1 double, 1 single room) – Nursery – Rocking chair – Change table
  • Plenty of space for air mattress is if required
  • TV – DVD Player (We do not have internet or cable at this time)
  • Two comfortable couches
  • Full size washer & dryer
  • A steamer for dresses and suits
  • Full fridge and stove, kitchen amenities
  • Kitchen table for seating
  • Woodstove
  • Deck overlooking the valley with patio set and chairs
  • Upstairs – French doors, with stairwell
  • Front porch with BBQ – Patio Set

We provide towels and bedding for the entire Farmhouse, and have a professional company retrieve and supply weekly.

Rent commences Friday afternoon 12:00 pm until Sunday at 3:00 pm.

Do you have a suite on site? 

 Our Honeymoon Cabin is ideal for the couple that wish to stay on site, and have privacy away from the Barn and Farmhouse.

Often the Bridal Party will prepare here, while watching their guests arrive on site.

This quaint cabin is located directly across from the Ceremony pad, which is perfect for an entrance onto the Ceremony pad.  Great location for prep of hair and make-up too!

We offer:

  • A small round table and chairs
  • Futon
  • Double Bedroom
  • Bathroom with tab and shower
  • Kitchenette area
  • Bar fridge
  • Air Conditioner
  • Large Deck overlooking ceremony pad

What about transportation to and from hotels for our guests?

We suggest you supply bus transport to pick up and drop off your guests at various times during the day. This does help with your obligation to ensure people do not drink and drive.

Do you suggest a “Day of coordinator”?

 We know how important your day is, and we want your dream to come true here at our Ranch.

To alleviate any undue stress, we have experienced individuals that we can suggest make your stress-free day happen. This is entirely up to you.

Do we need insurance?

Absolutely – You required purchasing liability insurance for Ontario.

PAL insurance policy, which is a Party & Alcohol Liability Insurance policy, must name The Mel Gibson Ranch Co Inc., Guy Gibson, and bartenders as covered under the policy.

The address of the event is 99 Lindsay’s Hill Road.

The PAL must cover no less than $2 Million Dollars.

We must have a copy of the policy before you can have access to the venue.

Must cover you for the entire time you are on the ranch Friday noon – Sunday 3:00 pm

Your insurance company may require the LCBO license # for the policy.

The policy cost will depend on the # of guests you are inviting.

Do you offer a rentals / decor services?

Yes, we do offer a level of rental items and décor, which are exclusive to The Mel Gibson Ranch.

We would be happy to provide additional service upon request.

When is the Ranch available for Weddings and Event?

Due to the great white north, we offer our venue from May through to Mid-October.

We would like to hold a rehearsal, is that possible? Can you help us coordinate that?

100 % in fact, in knowing that you will be setting up the barn the night before, it is a great time to coordinate that in preparing of the big day.

We have staff that would be more than happy to assist in coordinating a rehearsal, and can provide to you a package should this be something that be of interest.

Can we get married indoors if the weather does not cooperate?

Yes, you can!  Many times, wedding ceremonies occur in the barn despite a sunny day.


Camp Fires/Candles/Smoking/Sparklers/Artificial

We are on the top of a hill and it is generally breezy, it is not worth the risk for anyone to allow unforeseen circumstance to occur, nor would this be a memory we would like to create.

There are local campgrounds that (under certain conditions) allow campfires and we could give your guests the names & numbers if they wish to stay there.

We do not allow for lite candle in or around the venue, and have a designated location for smoking if requested.

We maintain our environmental friendly location, and allow for only items that are biodegradable be used on the Ranch. Items such as artificial petals or confetti are prohibited.

No inflatable bouncers ( Castles, Slides etc… ) We have strong breezes that suddenly turn into wind. 

No Dogs/Animal

We cannot allow dogs on the property. We have tried on several occasions but the outcome was not acceptable and therefore we have elected to not allow any animals on site.

That being said; there are several hotels that are pet friendly and campgrounds that allow pets that are close by we would be happy to give you the names and numbers of those facilities.


CONTACT US and let’s set up a tour !

Gibson Ranch – Home | Facebook

Come join us at the Ranch, send us an email, give us a call, connect with us on Facebook and we will be happy to arrange a tour year round!

Text: 705.491.2648

In person, we will have the chance to discuss in detail, obligations, deposits, fee for service, resource lists and many other options.